What Does Kindergarten Readiness Look Like?Posted on June 5, 2015 by Michelle Kraus
When you’re considering child care centers for your child, you’re going to see the term “kindergarten readiness” thrown around a lot. But, what does kindergarten readiness mean and what will it look like for your child?
There are a number of different skills your child should have mastered by the time they get to kindergarten, essentially meaning they can be deemed “ready.” Just some of these skills include:
- Listening without interrupting
- Paying attention for short periods of time
- Cutting with scissors
- Showing an ability to follow rules
- Separating from parents without being emotionally distraught
- Speaking in complete sentences
- Sorting objects according to color, size, and shape
- Buttoning shirts, pants, and coats and zipping zippers
- Understanding that actions have both cause and effects
At Ladybug Child Care Center, we understand that being ready for Kindergarten means preparedness physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Check out our kindergarten readiness guarantee to see whether or not our child care center is the right place for your “little bug” to grow and thrive!Filed Under: Kindegarten Readiness