How to Tell if Your Child is Ready for KindergartenPosted on August 28, 2015 by Ladybug Child Care Center
In the past, age was one of the only factors (if not the only factor) that was used to indicate whether or not your child was prepared to enter kindergarten. But as more time has passed, there are other factors that have surpassed age as a defining factor.
While most parents turn to the advice of preschool teachers, aides, and others who spend time with their child at school, it’s important to remember that you know your child best. And when you’re looking to determine if they’re ready for kindergarten, you should ask yourself questions like:
- Can my child listen to instructions and do what they are asked?
- Can my child use the bathroom and put on their coat by them self?
- Does my child know how to count and recite the alphabet?
- Is my child curious? Do they want to learn new things?
- Does my child get along well with other kids?
- Can my child work productively with other kids?
Now, you don’t have to answer all of these questions with a resounding “yes” to send your child off to kindergarten knowing that they’re ready. Instead, you can consider these questions and consult with the teachers at Ladybug Child Care Center to get a second opinion regarding your own.
Our child care center offers a kindergarten readiness guarantee that you can have confidence in. This means you can use our staff as a resource to ensure that when it comes time to send your “little bug” off to kindergarten, they are truly ready!Filed Under: Kindegarten Readiness, Tips for Parents