3 Reasons to Choose a Family-Owned Childcare CenterPosted on December 11, 2018 by Ladybug Child Care Center
Nothing compares to the first time you held your little one. Your heart filled with an indescribably powerful amount of love you never thought was possible. As time went on, life gets a little more challenging, but the love you feel for your child is unconditional.
Because of these strong emotions, choosing a childcare center is a tough decision. You might be asking yourself if any place will treat your baby with the love and attention they deserve. It’s even more difficult when you have to pick between a major franchise and a local, family-owned childcare center.
We can’t speak on behalf of large franchises, but we have a lot to say about family-owned childcare centers. We’ve been family owned and operated since we opened in 1981.
1) It’s all about family
Connie, the President of Ladybug, worked in our childcare center day-to-day for many years. Now, two of her children and three of her grandchildren have picked up the family tradition by work in the centers. But this family extends beyond Connie and her children. We value our entire staff and your children as a part of our family. Connie is greeted warmly by former graduates whenever she’s out and about.
We serve homemade meals and snacks and do our best to give your bug the same love and encouragement that you give them at home. We also hold ourselves accountable and keep the line of communication open between teachers and parents through daily conversation and with the Tadpoles app.
2) Hours that fit busy lives
Children have far more days off of school than we have off of work. Unfortunately, some national franchise daycares are closed when you need them the most. With the exception of major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, etc.), our childcare centers stay open every weekday. We even stay open during snow days and other no-school days!
3) Unique enrichment programs
Larger organizations have their own classes, but our enrichment programs are diverse and comprehensive.
- Etiquette Factory teaches table manners, kindness, sharing, good hygiene and how to be a polite guest.
- Gitssmart is our computer education class. Fun name, right? Technology is one of the most important things in our daily lives. This class teaches computer care, terminology, Word processing, keyboarding, printing, and more.
- The LANA program helps children learn to taste, eat, and enjoy fruits and vegetables each day for good health. Three keys to this program include menu and mealtimes, fruit and vegetable related activities, and family involvement.
- The Peace Factors program teaches children to make decisions based on care and compassion for others. Peace begins within through our thoughts, thoughts develop words and words lead to action.
- Learning a second language at a young age is important for a child’s brain development. We give children the opportunity to learn Spanish through fun songs, stories, and games.
- World Music & Rhythm Talk is a comprehensive music program developed to take children on a journey through rudiments of music. They develop the skills of good musicianship to foster the spirit of creativity within.