A wholesome and nutritional breakfast can get your child’s day started on a positive note, and help keep them fueled throughout the day. We know you’re busy as parents, so we’ve compiled some kid-friendly, healthy, and quick breakfast ideas for you and your little ones to try.
Make the night before:
- Slow cooker oatmeal
- Did you know you can prepare oatmeal overnight in a slow cooker? Wake up to ready-to-eat oatmeal for a hassle-free morning.
- Try this nutritious recipe: http://bit.ly/2nbpSZN
- Cereal bars
- You can make these in advance for a full week’s worth of healthy breakfasts
- Try this almond cereal bar recipe: http://bit.ly/1CfeYlU
- Try making muffins filled with nutritious ingredients like oats, bananas, peanut butter, etc.
- Try this banana-oat muffin recipe from health.com: http://bit.ly/1bKAvES
When you’ve got some time in the morning:
- Microwave breakfast pizza
- Use a flatbread as the crust and add eggs, cheese, and meat on top
- Try this quick recipe here: http://bit.ly/2miH2XL
- Add in your child’s favorite veggies, meat, and cheese for a nutritious, protein-packed start to their day
- French toast
- French toast is a classic breakfast menu item that your kids are sure to enjoy. Luckily, preparing it isn’t too time-consuming. Try adding some fruit like banana slices or berries for some extra nutritional value.
When you’re in a rush:
- Fruit is loaded with nutrients and there are so many options! Try smashing up a banana and spreading on bread or toast or add berries or bananas to a bowl of cereal or oatmeal
- Scrambled eggs
- Scrambled eggs are simple to make and protein packed.
- Try this perfected recipe here: http://bit.ly/2nbeb5v
- Plain yogurt is usually the healthiest option since it has less sugar than the flavored options. Add some honey, chopped almonds, or fruit to plain yogurt for some extra flavor.